Just about the time I had accepted the fact that, since courts in Uganda are closed, we would likely not hear any update about our court/travel date until AFTER the 15th of August, our adoption journey took another unexpected turn.
I had emailed our agency asking if there was any way I could send a “care package” to the kids while we wait, and the response I got blew me away. It said, “Hi, Jess, you may prefer to deliver a care package in person… just in, can you make an August 15th court date work!!? : ) : ) You would all need to arrive in Kampala no later than August 11th or 12th.”
I still don’t think I have recovered from the shock.
Needless to say, we said yes (!!!), and now we are awaiting “official” confirmation of our court date (read: even though I am saying it’s “go” time, there could still be yet another twist. I’m just too excited to wait for any more official word. 12 days is NOT a lot of time to plan). I’ve started to look into flights and lodging more seriously, and have started to take my to do and packing lists a lot more seriously as well (thank you to everyone who is helping me with that). There is a lot to be done, but we now have major incentive for the work… we will meet our kids in less than 2 weeks. 2 weeks? What?! YES.
So, though the process continues to be everything but predictable, I am thankful for good news and for an agency that is working tirelessly and quickly to get us to our kids. I’m also thankful for the army of people who are in this with us. We are in good company and are well taken care of.